From Local Artist Neill C. Woods this is one of a range of postcards reminiscent of the postcards by Donald McGill whose seaside scenes and scantily clad ladies were all the rage from the 1930’s to the 1980’s.
The Life Brigade Watch House was built in 1879 to house the Cullercoats Life Brigade (formed 1865).
It is built on the place where the fishing community assembled to watch the boats come and go in the bay. The “Old Cullercoats Clock” was relocated to be incorporated into the design and a belfry and a bell added (which could be rung in foggy weather).
Size: 14.75cm x 10.5cm