From Local Artist Neill C. Woods this is one of a range of postcards reminiscent of the postcards by Donald McGill whose seaside scenes and scantily clad ladies were all the rage from the 1930’s to the 1980’s.
This is on the causeway to St Mary’s Lighthouse Whitley Bay. Built in the 1898 on the site of an 11th Century monastic chapel it was decommissioned in 1984 and is now a tourist attraction.
It is easily accessible when the tide is out.
For the scooter enthusiasts the vehicle is a Lambretta GT 200.
Size: 13cm x 10.5cm