In the first of our new blog series, we get the lowdown on Toile Print Emporium, AKA Victoria Harbertson.
Victroria is the creator of a beautiful range of mugs, coasters, tea towels, cards and prints using hand-drawn designs.
- Where were you born? Easington
- Where do you live now? Longhorsley
- Where else have you lived? London, Manchester, Otterburn, Evolve Switzerland and New York
- Are your products your main job? Yes
- How did you get into making your own products? Moved countries and wanted to start a design based company – anything but fashion
- What was your first product? Wallpaper – Northumberland Garden
- What’s your favourite product? Wallpaper – Whitley Bay Breeze
- What’s coming up for you? New Edinburgh, New York and Durham wallpaper, prints and gifts
- Best and worst things about being an NE creative? Beauty of the NE (best) and isolation from the hustle and bustle (worst)
- Favourite NE landmark? Tie between Tyne Bridge and Spanish City Dome
- Favourite NE restaurant/bar/cafe? This is tough so many choices…….. restaurant – The Ship Inn, Low Newton-by-the-Sea. Bar – Narrow Nick, Rothbury. Cafe – Surf Cafe, Tynemouth
- Other NE creatives/brands you love? seaternprint, bea_and_rose, big_daisy_kiss, shaunparkinceramics
- Any hobbies or weird interests? Yoga and collecting cherub lamps, people watching and shopping in DIY stores, I love the smell of the wood section