Laura Jayne Designs aka Laura Thomson has been selling products on North East Gifts since 2014.
Her Mam mugs and cards were among our best sellers for Mother’s Day this year and Laura is also an admin of our Shop North East support group on Facebook.
- Where were you born? I was born in North Tyneside.
- Where do you live now? I now live on the dark side, in East Rainton… I’ve got a Durham postcode though 😉
- Where else have you lived? Wallsend, Monkseaton & Newcastle.
- Are your products your main job? No, I’m also a graphic designer for a very well known international travel company.
- How did you get into making your own products? I had a very kind design mentor who helped me get to grips with the design world when I first started in my career, then I designed a set of cards for their website (NEG) 😉
- What was your first product? A set of Christmas cards.
- What’s your favourite product? My new Number 1s cards and prints that feature songs that were top of the charts when you were born, got married etc. I’ve also got a few WIP projects going on at the moment, and I’m dead excited to launch some new designs. 😀
- What’s coming up for you? I’m not sure, but 2018 has been the busiest yet, or it certainly feels this way, and it’s very exciting 🙂
- Best thing about being an NE creative? Being part of the bigger NE community there’s lots of support for other creatives and small businesses.
- Favourite NE landmark? That fisherman fella at the North Shields Fish Quay, because I’ve just found him recently.
- Favourite NE restaurant/bar/cafe? Allards in Tynemouth, the loveliest tapas and the biggest wine glasses… 😀
- Other NE creatives/brands you love? Ebony Newton, Lines Behind, and Serious Stamp are in the limelight for me at the moment – doing great work!
- Any hobbies or weird interests? It’s not very weird but I’ve found a new love for cooking since moving into our own home, and with cooking comes hosting. Other than that… design & typography?!