Our latest North East product maker and seller is Jina Maria Johnstone, founder of OhhSooJuicy Candles.
Jina’s range of candles are enough to add a fabulous splash of colour and fragrance to any room. They have a higher percentage of fragrance so they smell stronger than even some of the big brand candles out there!
- Where were you born? Rake Lane Hospital, North Shields
- Where do you live now? Longbenton but was brought up in Scotland
- Where else have you lived? Glasgow
- Are your products your main job? Yep, my only job
- How did you get into making your own products? I had a bad reaction with my asthma due to a brand of candle that was made from paraffin wax 😂🙈😂 plus I’ve always been very creative
- What was your first product? Tin candles – strudel & spice
- What’s your favourite product? Twisted mermaid because I wanna believe I am one 😂 but fragrance wise my favouritre is strudel and spice or lavender spar as it helps me relax and sleep
- What’s coming up for you? New Reiki and aromatherapy collection in few months as I’m a qualified masseuse
- Favourite Place in the North East? Durham – I’m moving there in the summer to a new house so I can be mortgage free and have big enough house and garden to make my candles 😍🙌. Another place I go to a lot is Alnwick Gardens as I do a lot of market stalls there over Christmas and it has an amazing atmosphere. Plus loads of different places in Durham as I love country drives and hiking
- Favourite NE restaurant/bar/cafe? Sambuca on Newcastle Quayside because they make the best fillet steaks
FOLLOW OSJ CANDLES